Housing Rights, The Skainos Centre.
10:00am to 4:00pm
Financial capability is having the ability to manage money well, save for the future and build financial resilience. This course looks in detail at what financial capability means. It also looks at the causes of debt in Northern Ireland, and how it impacts people’s ability to manage their finances.
It will help you support clients to keep a roof over their heads during the cost of living crisis.
What we will cover
- financial capability meaning
- the causes of debt in Northern Ireland
- client vulnerabilities and impacts on financial capability
- priority and non-priority debts
- how to prepare a financial statement
- how to devise a sustainable repayment plan
Who should attend?
- housing advisers
- support workers