10:00am to 1:00pm
This course will give you the confidence and skills to help your client challenge a negative housing decision in the social rented sector. You will gain knowledge on the law supporting challenges to housing decisions.
It will also address common problems and issues that Housing Rights advisers come up against when challenging housing decisions. We will share with you how to best address these.
What we will cover
- procedures for challenging different negative decisions
- processes around reviewing requests and submissions
- conducting homelessness investigations and reviews
- temporary accommodation pending review
- the principles of judicial review and appeals to County Court
- role of the ombudsman
Who should attend?
- housing advisers
- community / residents groups
- benefits advisers
- constituency offices
- social and hostel accommodation providers