Skip to main content

Search Housing Rights

Repairs and bad housing

Make sure you know who is responsible for repairs in your home. You should report any damage or disrepair to your landlord immediately.

In this section

Help from the council

The environmental health department of your local council is responsible for making sure your home is safe. Learn how they can help you if your landlord is not completing repairs.

Complaining about repairs in social housing

Do not stop paying rent, even if you're not happy with how your landlord is handling things. Get advice if your landlord isn't completing repairs.

Paying rent for bad housing

It’s frustrating if your home is in a bad state and your landlord is not fixing things. You should keep paying rent even if you’re unhappy. Understand your rights and get advice for this situation.