Online, via Zoom
10:00am to 1:00pm
This course is an entry level introduction to the housing element of Universal Credit and Housing Benefit. It will highlight the differences between the two.
What we will cover
- Updates on the progress of ‘Move to Universal Credit’ in Northern Ireland
- how Universal Credit differs from Housing Benefit
- how to assist people with applying for Universal Credit
- how housing costs will be dealt with under Universal Credit
- What types of accommodation are currently ineligible for UC applications
Who should attend?
- housing advisers (new or looking refresher)
- support workers (new or looking refresher)
- welfare officers (new or looking refresher)
- Constituency office staff