Online, via zoom
2:00pm to 5:00pm
This training session will focus on the process that clients will face if they are unable to resolve financial issues with their landlord or lender. It will discuss the processes at Court level and the powers of the Court & Enforcements of Judgements Office under NI legislation.
This session will assist anyone who is supporting someone dealing with arrears.
The course will also explain the ‘next stage’ in the process if negotiations with landlords are unsuccessful and covers the processes followed within the Court system.
What we will cover
- Discuss agreements available to the Courts when ruling on cases
- Explain the process when enforcing a Possession Order
- Discuss how the Court process can impact on a clients future rehousing, including the Intentionality test within the Housing Selection Scheme.
Who should attend?
- generalist advice workers
- constituency office staff
- community/residents groups