Online, via zoom
2:00pm to 5:00pm
This training session will focus specifically on homeowners and how to successfully deal with mortgage arrears. We will discuss how to negotiate with lenders and the forbearance options that could be open to debtors when dealing with their mortgage provider.
This training course provides a great grounding on debt processes in Northern Ireland and this session will assist anyone who is supporting someone dealing with arrears.
What we will cover
- discuss what happens once the mortgage provider moves to court proceedings
- explain the different outcomes of court hearings,
- explain the application process for stays of enforcement and ultimately enforcement
Who should attend?
- generalist advice workers
- housing association staff
- constituency office staff
- community/residents groups
- other statutory agencies such as Environmental Health Departments & Social Services